Sunday, December 16, 2007

Charlie the Schnauzer

This is our miniature schnauzer, Charlie. We had friends here last night for a Hanukkah/Christmas party, and we were playing around with our new digital camera when I took this photo. Since I don't have much time to write today, I thought that it would be fun to post a shot of Charlie doing one of his favorite things...laying on the couch with his chin resting on the armrest.

I'm working a baby quilt for dear friends of ours who just had their first baby...Or rather, had their first baby prematurely in October when it was due at the end of December. I should have started this project months ago when they called to tell us the good news about the impending birth. Instead, I foolishly thought that I could work on it in November and mail it in December.

It's a simple checkerboard pattern with two borders, and I'm going to be machine quilting it today. I'll take a photo of it before I pack it up to mail...Time to go quilt! :-)

2 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Cute dog!! :)

Karen said...

Thank you! He's just as sweet as he is cute. Just this morning after I finished eating my bowl of cereal and was going to just linger at the table a while longer to finish my devotion, Charlie wanted to climb up in my lap and snuggle for a while...Something that is very much appreciated in our chilly house. :-)